View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: MachFive OSX 1.2.3 Public Beta HTDM & RTAS

Working great here.

AND -- a gift.... 32 bus outs (finally!) and it's very logical to assign outs. You don't have to learn German or read help files or have the eye sight of a 12 year old... you simply assign the instrument to the pair you want, and then assign an aux in from that pair. Or you can do it in reverse. Once M5 is instanciated, the busses exist. How wonderful.

AND - it's actually 34 outs, since the "main" outs for the aux are in addition to the 1-32

Not that I would use 34 out from a single M5 instance... but I COULD!

Thank you, MOTU for finally getting this done.

One note of caution: for those of you who prefer to have a backup of an old version on hand just in case the new version doesn't work well, please note that 1.2.3b installer will search your hard drive for a legit copy of Mach5, and then wipe it, from wherever it is, before completing the install. Make sure you have a backup copy off-line before doing the install. Bad installer design!!! Bad, Bad, Bad. Why can't I stash an old copy of 1.2 somewhere on my hard drive, and SIMPLY let it live there? Because someone at MOTU decided new versions supercede all older versions, no matter what, because our users are too stupid to manage where the plugs go... </rant>

As I said before, thank you, MOTU, for getting this done and making what could be a lame duck, useable, for now. Now slap the guy who made the installer a few times and make him watch the Yankees take 1st place in the AL East.

PS - I only tried RTAS, out of habit. Will try HTDM later and report back.