View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM

Default Re: How to add more inserts into a track?

Lol...the comments are funny. I think, the reason why people need more than 10 inserts is because they're trying to do to a sound with a stack of stock plugins as they do with a 3rd party plugin. For instance, a channel strip, like OmniChannel. If you were to use every stage of that plugin, you would use 6 slots of stock plugins...let's not argue about what plugins, even if you don't count the limiting, you're still using A-E. Now, for you and I, that's more than enough for a live sound recording or a single instrument, but for a lot of the guys that ask, it's probably a question from a sound design perspective.

Personally, I don't use Pro Tools for sound design because the workflow is faster and more creative using Abelton Live with both Arrangement and Clip Mode. I find myself using up to 10-15 plugins in series for just one instance of Analog, FM8, or Massive. I am NOT promoting Ableton Live! It's NOT the only best DAW for sound design...there are others.

My suggestion to you guys asking about more than 10 slots is to use a different DAW, not PT. PT has its place while sound design optimized DAWs have another.

I am actually trying to answer this from an objective point of view but I had to give my 2 cents as a segue to the conclusion.

Most people here are not mixing garbage. So, they never need more than a few inserts. I can confirm this.