View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 AM

The latest one, which i believe, is over a year old. And i know it was a fine update. Obviously the world keeps spinning. And new gears come out, and yes, an update should be in order. 2.6.2 worked great on my old MBP, sadly it died so i had to get a new one, MBPr. The retina model isnt perfect but it does its job very well for me, and it has been way too long since it came out and AVID is yet to response. I dont know what excuse they'll be using this time. But the fact is, Sibelius was fine before the takeover, and in my very honest opinion, so was Euphonix. It was a great news that AVID merge all of that together, well at the time. And that was it. Nothing more.

Does 2.6.2 work with my new MBPr? Yes, it does. But like many others, restart, reboot, reconnect, and many other 'REs' are the bonus i dont need. I'll be repeating myself saying this but, i bought this expensive thing expecting it to help my workflow not slowing it down.

This may be a little off the topic but giving the company's status, i fear they may no longer have the ability to develop products that werent originate by AVID. Sorry if i'm out of line, but that's how i feel, and i'm sure many would agree.

Sibelius is a great proof to that argument. Many people i know switched to Finale because Sibelius can no longer provide them with their needs. It used to, but not anymore.

AVID takes money and profit from us, users, its their job to make sure that it works properly. Simple as that. And 1 update per year isnt gonna do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD