View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Student Upgrade Issues On Startup Launch.

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade to pro tools 11 from pro tools 10 (free student edition upgrade). I am using a Macbook Pro 15" i7 from late 2011/early 2012. I currently have a Digidesign mbox 2, but am thinking this hardware may be incompatible with the newest version of pro tools.

My main issue is, everything installed fine and I have the new license registered to my iLok but when I try to open a new session in Pro Tools 11 I receive this dialog box error:

Could not create a new document because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/109543/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1357.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).

Also, If I try to open a session into 11, I get another error notifying me that:

“The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 44.1 kHz” (PTSW-127065)

Do you have any idea how I can resolve these issues? I would like to get 11 up and running but I have hit a wall at this point of the installation. I think I could figure out the playback engine issue on my own but the volume error dialog is beyond me. Does it have to do with some of my plug-ins I purchased that may be incompatible with the 64-bit system?

Please help me out guys! I am tying to have some fun during my break from university, and I need to practice my post production work.

Thanks,

-Mike M.