View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: motu 828mkII adat out to DIGI 002 adat in

Greetings ballison,

Thanks for the reply, however I neglected to state that I do not wish to use rewire in this situation. Using Rewire or virtual instruments on that machine (the DIGI 002 connected to a dual PowerMac G4) limits the amount of tracks I can record live. For example when I am using just audio tracks in a session, I can record 8 tracks simultaneously all day without any buffer underruns. If I use just one rewire track or a virtual instrument track, I get buffer underruns all the time, usually during our best takes.

This is why I'd like to use my powerbook and the 828 to play a reason rack live into pro tools as an audio track. I'm using it as another instrument in a live recording. This setup works fine if I plug the 828 analog outs into an analog in of the digi 002 but this signal path will go through a D/A conversion out of the 828 and another A/D conversion back into pro tools. I could bypass these conversions if I could send the 828 ADAT output direct into the protools ADAT input.

Anyways, I appreciate your reply,

Best regards,