View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat465 View Post
Hi
I want to ask: I bought the upgrade from Pt LE to ProTools 11 Crossgrade coming in from 10/10/2014 to 31/12/2014 period. and I did get upgraded to Protool 12.

I have been awarded the "" Pro Tools Software with Standard Support "?
I'm not fully understanding your question. In short, Yes. You have been awarded the "Pro Tools Software with Standard Support."

I'll assume your question is about what is "Standard Support." The new licensing model from Avid is that one year of wonderful support is included in your purchase. It includes free upgrades if they are released in that year. After one year, you have the option to purchase another year of support and continue to get the wonderful support you have enjoyed in the first year and also continue to get free updates and upgrades as they are released in that year. If, however, you decide not to purchase another year of support, you will no longer get the wonderful support that you had and you will no longer get any upgrades for that license forever. It does not look like you can opt back into the support plan once your plan lapses. In this case, you will need to purchase another new license of Protools and start another year of wonderful support with the new license. Your old license will remain on the last version before it lapsed forever, and will no longer get that wonderful support.

(Added)
I see in your signature that you have Protools HD. Avid has not released details about how Protools HD license will be enforced regarding the lapsed licenses. It would seem unreasonable to make customers purchase a whole new Protools HD system including hardware and software. However Protools HD is not sold independently from the hardware. This is one of the nagging issues customers have had since Avid announced their annual support plan model. In the mean time, enjoy your system and the wonderful support you are getting.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.3.1 running Protools 2024.3

Last edited by Obsidian Dragon; 05-19-2015 at 08:06 AM.