View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Auto-Bank to selected track

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post

If you want to trigger banking behaviors from Pro Tools I would recommend the following:

(A) Disable the Tracks > Local Options Auto-Bank to Attentioned Track.
(B) Choose one of the three options for Auto-Bank from Settings > User.
(C) Enable Track Name from Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area under Settings > User.

Jeff thank you very much for sticking with me on this, it seems like there might be some conflicts or issues on my Avid S6 because the behavior was hit and miss as I clicked in Pro Tools when set to Always. Sometimes it would bank the surface when clicking track names in Pro Tools and a few times it would select the tracks and not bank. It seems to be working pretty consistently for me this morning though.

I think the confusing part for me was that "Auto-Bank to Attentioned Track" AND "Track Name" are enabled then the auto "Auto-Bank to Track Mode" changes make no difference.

So just from the side of Pro Tools and clicking on track names with

Option 1
Same-----(0) Pro Tools preference ""Scroll to Track" Banks Controllers" turned off or on it doesn't matter since that seems to only affect control+shift+clicking track name.
Different--(A) Disable the Tracks > Local Options Auto-Bank to Attentioned Track.
Different--(B) Choose Auto-Bank to Track Mode from Settings > User and set to Always.

Same-----(C) Enable Track Name from Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area under Settings > User.

Is the same as

Option 2
Same-----(0) Pro Tools preference ""Scroll to Track" Banks Controllers" turned off or on it doesn't matter since that seems to only affect control+shift+clicking track name.
Different--(A) Enable the Tracks > Local Options Auto-Bank to Attentioned Track.
Different--(B) Choose Auto-Bank to Track Mode from Settings > User and set to Off.

Same-----(C) Enable Track Name from Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area under Settings > User.

When clicking in Pro Tools. The only difference being that option 2 also makes it so when you are in Attention mode on the S6 that it also banks from the tracks page. I hope I understand all the nuanced interactions and differences now. For me, Option 1 is very hit and miss on attentioning tracks to the attention fader when I click in Pro tools (60% of the time it works, 40% it doesn't and almost 100% of the time it banks the surface).

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
(B) Using the Tracks Page on Master Module to Attention & Bank:
Make sure the Tracks page on the Master Module is in Attention mode. Enable Settings > User Auto-Bank to Track Mode = Always. Also enable from Tracks > Local Options the option Auto Bank to Attentioned Track. Simply touch a Track on the Tracks page.
I'm sure this is a given but if I could add "while in Attention mode" not Select or Assign. From the original question, he asked when I press the select button on the S6 so I thought we were in Select mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abx992000 View Post
The only thing I fail is when I press the Select button on the S6 or in Pro Tools, I want the track on the S6 to be banked to fader 1 on the left. It does not work
So to be sure there is no way to do what he asked by pressing the select button on a channel strip to have it bank to fader 1, is that correct?

Last edited by skilletaudio; 09-27-2019 at 10:11 AM.