View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Axiom 61 problems

Did you also program the knobs and sliders? The tutorial I have on my webpage is for the Axiom 25, which has less functionality (no sliders) than the Axiom 61. You need to program the sliders as guided in the MIDI Controllers Guide linked from my tutorial, and the knobs how you want them to function.

You also need to understand the difference between MIDI CC controller messages and control, and MIDI Control Surface messages. They are two totally different things. In Pro Tools, some functionality is controlled with control surface messages, and some is controlled with MIDI CC. Some plugin parameters are controlled with MIDI CC, and if your controller has the control surface profile loaded up, it won't work. Conversely, some parameters are controlled with control surface messages, and if your controller doesn't have the control surface profile loaded up, it won't work.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12