View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Default Avid Artist Mix Slow to Update Display

Hello,

I have recently purchased an Avid Artist Mix and have been trying to get it all set up. For the most part I believe I have it setup properly as I think it is working properly, most of the time.

However, I have noticed a few things that make me question whether it is working properly or not.

1) When nudging between tracks or banks, or making any change that requires the LCD to change, it takes about 30-45 seconds for it to do so. The faders all move right away to the correct track positions, but I can't make any adjustments until the display updates and shows the correct information. However, If i hit the Application button to exit out of Pro Tools and open up my finder window and then switch back right away, it will update it the display right away.

2) I notice the instructions tell me to use the Select button at the very top by the soft knob, but that bottom does nothing when I press it. Selecting a track is only achieved by pressing the select y button by the faders, also half the time it selects a track, the other half of the time it opens up the Eucon hot key assignment preferences.

Please help if anyone has a solution to this.

I am running Pro Tools 11.0.3 on an early 2013 15" Non Retina Macbook Pro with OSX Mavericks.

I am directly connected to my mac's ethernet port (not through a switch). I followed the instructions on how to do that by changing my network settings.

I did NOT setup the artist mix to have a static IP however, as when I tried to do so, I was not given any of the prompts I should have when I held the Page keys and pressed the power button.