View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 work with mac OS Sierra

I'll bump the stuff below from my previous post, so Chris may be able to respond.

I am considering simply installing PT10 alongside PT12, even though my OS is way too current, just because a few people have been saying it will work well enough to do the conversion.

I want to make sure that is what Chris is suggesting.

Chris, have you tried this?

Thanks,

MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

1. A seperate drive or partition and install 10 (or 7.3 would probably do it. if its just the audio files you want then consolidate each track as single audio files starting from the top beat 1 bar 1 etc and export the audio files as wav.) depending on the original session 7.3 might not be a good option if you want to convert the session and keep the mix settings etc.
2. uninstalling its relatively simple but as mentioned above use a seperate drive or partition.
3. installing or cloning to an external drive works fine. i do it occasionally. it will be a bit slower depending on the drive and whether its USB 2 3 etc. but would work fine for converting a session.
4. yes 7.3 will be able to export audio as SD2 and might well work converting the entire session but its a long way back to 7.3 and a lots changed and the mix might not convert well.

External drive, Lion, PT10 and convert your session. keep PT10 for any future jobs that might need similar.

Chris
Hi,

Are you suggesting that I simply install PT10 on a separate drive or partition alone, without also installing an older OS along with it?

In one of your previous post you said "Dual boot always if you need to have 10 running". I think I may be confused as to what you mean be "dual boot".

Oh, and I don't need to export as SDII files. I need to save the sessions that have SDII files as sessions with BWF files so that I can work on them on the new system.

Thanks,

MD