View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 10:09 PM

Default Will Pro Tools 10 work with mac OS Sierra

So either a Late 2016 or Mid 2017 MBP... so the earliest macOS version that will run in them is Sierra, which does not support Pro Tools 10.

To be clear here I was saying you should find space to add another boot partition or add another drive and install a supported OS to run Pro Tools 10 on that new partition. But I was assuming you had a compatible system. You don’t. The time to worry about this is before buying hardware. If you need to rely on stuff for work I would not be trying to mess with Pro Tools 10 on High Sierra. Find some other way to do this, another studio, buy an old Mac just for Pro Tools 10, etc.

BTW Time machine is a poor choice for system level backups for reasons many of us have discussed before, and you should not be having anything continuously back up a working DAW system. You should be making system level image backups using Carbon Copy Cloner or similar and if also backing content/media up using Time Machine then do that on a schedule when the computer is not being used.

uh well you are screwed since you cannot install an one supported OS X version in such a current MBP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk