View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 03:29 AM

Default Re: CPTK to PT11HD Pricing Proposal for Tony Carridi and Tom Graham

CPTK,

I disagree entirely that there should be tiered upgrade pricing depending on when you bought CPTK, for two reason expressed in the 'proper' thread (where I suggest, you SHOULD have posted your comments) ...

1) CPTK was sold as a version independent feature unlocker, and
2) Dig/Avid never provided an upgrade path from '1' to '2' or to your imaginary '3'.

The licences are the same, the only difference back in the days of '1' is that you paid more but got some extra plugin licences thrown in too. Bear in mind that some things people paid a premium for were then cascaded down into plain PT at V9. So CPTK1 owners paid for stuff only to have it become free in PT soon after. For example, Digi-translator was THE main reason I initially bought CPTK, so I had compatibility when moving projects between HD and non-HD rigs. It became standard in V9. Obviously I've grown to love the many other premium features of CPTK since, but that was why I originally got my wallet out.

More importantly, your comments in this thread totally ignore the fact that, over in the proper thread, many people have contributed to build up a strong case for Avid to consider various options, including rescinding the withdrawal of CPTK, as well as suggestions for alternative pricing schemes.

Avid (Tony) has told us that that our comments have been taken note of and that a revised plan will be announced, taking account of the adverse reaction there has been to CPTK's withdrawal.

While you are, of course, perfectly free to post your comments, I completely fail to understand why you would feel it necessary to create a new thread and propose a pricing strategy that takes no account of the extensive discussion that has already occurred on the subject ... discussion, it has to be said, in which you appear to have played little or no part.

What is your agenda?

And Bill ... I could have easily predicted the essence of your comment had I taken the time to consider what it might be ;-)

Finally ... a question for CPTK .... you are new here, joined two days ago (unless this is a new name for someone who has been here previously ... though I don't know why you would do that) ...

Have you even made the effort to read through all the stuff that has already been posted in the main thread on the subject? Or are your comments just made off the top of your head without considering all the discussion that has taken place? Just curious!

Last edited by nigelpry; 04-25-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Question for CPTK