View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Re: :confused: Pro Tools HD playback thru Mbox/Mbox Micro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzBum View Post
Is it at all possible for Pro Tools HD 8.0.3 to playback through an old school Mbox? I have an Mbox micro that was hoping to use when I'm traveling to edit on flights and such... is that even possible since it's traditionally an LE device?

Also along those same lines... is it possible to connect an original Mbox for the same reasons? More specifically this time though, I am most interested in playing back through good speakers via the stereo outputs on the rear if I'm forced to work away from my studio.

Anyone out there that can point me in a good direction here?

Thanks.
As mentioned HD and LE interfaces require separate software. However the sessions created between the 2 are interchangeable. So you can easily work on a session created in HD on an mbox. But as stated the original Mbox has reached it's end of life, so an Mbox 2 would be a better starting point. And would include the PTLE software to use with it.
2009 Mac Pro - Dual X5650 Xeon 6-core 2.66Ghz procs, 48GB of Ram, SATA 3 and USB 3.0 PCIe cards. R9 280X video card. macOS Sierra. Harrison Mixbus 32C, Studio One 3, Reaper, and pro tools 12 when I have to.