Thread: Come On 20.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Come On 20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Having used PT for 20 has no bearing on how credible, logical , realistic, or well thought through , your desire for "avid to go down" is. The potential for that to be a disaster is at least as as much if not greater, then for that to be of any actual benefit. Could Avid do things better well duh,

But having them take their time to roll out a new version (that will hopefully be less buggy) than if they rushed it out , is arguably a plus not a minus, Deal with it.
My desire doesn't need to be credible, logical or realistic. It's a desire, not a prophecy.
And stating that I'm a long time user was not intended to give my desire any bearing. I was rather hinting to me coming from a time, when Avid had to put work into PT in order to make money off it. A mandatory paid subscription to receive bugfixes is bonkers, and people who defend it belong into some kind of asylum if you ask me (which hardly anybody does, and that is fine, too.)
I don't know how well thought through your stance is, if you're okay with paying Avid for (not even) quarterly bugfix releases. But I'm starting to form an opinion.

However, this is a forum. People share opinions. I don't like people, you don't like opinions that differ from yours. Let's both deal with it.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock