View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
They have not had that code in the workshop for 24 months b/c they want it to be good.

There was (possibly is) no follow thru...which is the scariest part of a subscription based model
Speaking of code that's already in there - the HD features that are installed on our systems but NOT unlocked by an iLok license are starting to become part of other DAWs. Cubase 8 introduced VCAs as part of the sauce (plus WAVs in the mixer). It's apparent that the "industry" is listening and they know what Pro Tools users are up against and how they can capitalize on it. Maybe Slate _should_ think about writing a DAW loaded with his stock plugins and give Harrison a direct competitor in the Computer based ANALOG DAW. hehe.

To keep this VMR thread on track - I bought VMR hours after its release. Because of that, Slate has offered an "early adopter" coupon good towards one of his other plugins. I already have them all - DOH! I guess I bought PT11 too early too. Rumors are I'm going to have to pay for it again if I want to continue to be part of the Avid Pro Tools Software community.