View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 AM

Wink Re: I've procrastinated long enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
I have been fooling around with Pt's ,(various versions and various hardware devices) for some time now and although the frustrations persist, sometimes luck prevails and I'll wind up with a mix that I'm not ashamed to let others hear. I have been reluctant to venture in to the MIDI realm because, for me it just seems easier and faster to play the instruments myself. I own a Yamaha keyboard which I gather from the manual, is a MIDI device. Since most of my work is old school Rock and Roll I have little need for many instruments or orchestration and, in the event I do the keyboard has a multitude of sounds available. Still, I can't help but be curious about what I may or may not be missing by steering clear of MIDI. A few questions:
I own Protools 9.0.5 and It comes with various plugins, Audiosuite being the one that I assume has the various instrument sounds I could use.
My Problem:
I have absolutely no idea how to go about implementing this feature in to my sessions.
I know this may seem rediculous to most of you and I don't want to drag out my history regarding age, health, etc. which by now I'm sure you are tired of hearing. So, If any one can offer advice on the best and simplest way to get me started, I would appreciate your help. Thanks from the old guy).
Yes, just by using Pro Tools you are steering clear of Midi