View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 07:50 AM

Default Re: MIDI Thru stops working after sequence playback stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keniko View Post
Musicman691. I got my issue resolved by patching my controller to the D-110 then to the 002. Midi track plays back(always did) I get sound through the Aux track and the midi editor is fine as well. Not being a midi guy. I figured using USB for midi, I could send midi info to my D-110 with the channels assigned correctly. This worked for recording the first part. After that, I could get a signal in the midi track but it wouldn't go through the aux track. It should've worked. Anyway, The new studio set up is working perfectly and that's all I care about. It's been really frustrating and I thank you for your response and suggestions.
Good you got it sorted. MIDI setup can be maddening even for the seasoned pro. One of the worst can be using a synth as both a MIDI controller and a sound source. If one does the typical connection of having both MIDI ins and outs connected between the synth and the MIDI interface (or computer) you end up with double notes or worse. The only way to solve that is to disable local control on the synth so that it only responds to the MIDI coming from the computer.

QAPLA!