View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Resurrecting Mbox PT LE (Win XP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I don't think there are any drivers for the first Mbox to use in newer PT versions and we have 3-4 of the Mbox 2 and 3 and 3 Pro in a closet now and would never use any of them again as the tech and quality of them are really really bad. Why not just get a focusrite 2i2 for ex and be done with all these headaches? I have one here in a closet that someone left here a few years ago you can have free if you pay the $50 dollars or so to ship it to you from my home in sweden. Way way wayyyyyy better sounding and drivers for 2018.X aswell.

I wouldn't waste anymore time being stubborn trying to sqeeze the last out of an old Mbox 1 which wont run on any of the PT versions the past years.
Understood. Worth a try.
(unless I can get an Computer that runs Windows XP, looks like it's a lost cause)

My main motivation was to get this MBox running on a PC or Laptop then donate it for students to use as a learning tool.

I hate throwing away gear or having stuff sitting idle in the cupboard - and in this case $795 in 2003 was a lot of cash. Worth about $1,200 today, I am sure a very good system can be set up for this sort of outlay.

Cheers

And thanks for the help and suggestions.