View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 07:19 PM

Default Re: MTRX-> HDX or MTRX->Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixchump View Post
While I can't comment directly on MTRX / Dante, I can definitely say that, for my setup, HDX is still an integral aspect to running with near-zero latency for tracking sessions.

I'm running Merging HORUS and connecting via DigiLink/HDX for tracking sessions, and then switching playback engine to Ravenna VAD for mixing.

I'm sure you are getting exquisite sound quality from the Merging unit. If all I did was classical, I'd probably just use Pyramix and a HORUS. Obviously the cost is about the same as MTRX, I was just figuring that Avid's own unit would integrate seamlessly, particularly with their Eucon surfaces. Another part of my decision to add PT to the studio is the fact that no other company has a comparible commitment to workflow, surfaces, etc. I will add a Dock at least, and probably dual S1's so plugins have lots of space to spill out.

When I was starting out, the idea of buying a whole "solution" was overwhelmingly expensive. Now, down the road a fair ways, it makes lots of sense. It costs a bit more, but there isn't another solution as well thought out for actually saving time on repetitive tasks in audio editing.