View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:46 AM

Default Re: AJA LHi picture drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
@Frank (or anyone else),
how do you deal with different framerates for different projects?
Like 24fps film and 25fps tv, very common in Europe. Do you change dipswitches every single time? I'm considering genlocks, but it seems way too much hassle because of this.
Personally, I mostly work on long term projects (couple of weeks or often months on the same film) with the same format so I only ever have to switch it every now and then.
So the GEN10 is fine for that. The dip switches on that thing can be confusing but I usually only have to switch between 1080P 24 and 25. Very rarely 23.98.

If you have to switch formats a lot on a daily basis for various short forms this box might not be the right thing for you and you have to invest a bit more. Nanosycs has proper switches and as mentioned can be remote controlled and also have a lot more outputs and can do clever cross-syncing tricks to integrate old gear that doesn't know tricks-level sync.

Apart from the Rosedahl the Mutec Smart Clock HD MC-3.2 is great too, but both are in the 1k€ and over class.

F.

Last edited by Frank Kruse; 04-27-2019 at 04:58 AM.