View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Audio is only comping from my monitor, and not my audio interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjtblanton View Post
I have a pair of speakers that have their own power source. They are the JBL LSR305 speakers. They work fine. Sound from all other programs comes out of them as desired. They are powered independently and connected to my tower via an audio jack. I also plug in a pair of headphones into an audio jack on my tower to listen to sound when needed.

As stated before, I have already tried to change the audio interface under the Playback Engine window. When the window opens, I cannot change the Playback Engine option. It says "ASIO4ALL v2" and nothing can be selected.

I don't see why my computer's specs should be relevant. It's very powerful. Way more than enough to run Pro Tools. But here they are:
CPU: Intel Core i7‑5820K (6-core, 3.3 GHz)
GPU: Radeon R9 390 (SAPPHIRE NITRO)
32GB RAM
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme4
Running Windows 10

When using Pro Tools, all sound from other programs still comes out of my external speakers or headphones. But the sound from Pro Tools comes out of my computer monitor. I need Pro Tools to act like all of my other programs.
Computer specs are always important when trying to diagnose a problem. And the more info you give, the better the diagnosis and cure that can be given. You only give part of your system; how about posting a Sandra report?

I think part of your problem might be due to the seeming fact that you're using the same audio output for both system and PT; that's never a good thing. You really should have a separate external audio interface for PT usage.

As far as selecting your audio device have you held down the 'n' key when starting PT? That will allow you to select your interface.

QAPLA!