View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Default Re: How About Solid State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidwalnut View Post
I thought I'd resurrect this old thread to stoke the discussion, since the likelihood is that SSD's will be here to stay on the market in the not-too-distant future.

I haven't been seeing much discussion on this (although there probably has been), but I'm sure that Digi has a ton of stuff on their plate other than qualifying these drives for use with PT. But since SSD's are inherently faster in magnitude on all the important categories, why shouldn't PT work just fine with them?

Here's a wiki article on the topic. Not that this article is the be-all info source, but just a resource for anyone who's interested.
the computer mags i read always some how mention ssd's, and last month (cpu) had an interview with a head of ocz talking about ssd's.

there read and write time is gaining serious improvements. read times up to 270mb/s and write up to 200 mb/s, this is creeping up on the max of the sata II protocol!! of course these are the EXPENSIVE models.

but they said there #1 market right now is netbooks so focus is in that right now. but the next gen of ssd's is ready and should have some pretty crazy specs and be in 3.5" format.

of course price is the biggest factor right now. as moore's law creeps up on them, prices should start to drop.....and i will be waiting

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10