View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 11:31 PM

Default Re: CPU peak in simple session with 24 cores and 128 gB ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Uncheck "ignore errors" while troubleshooting. It will mask/hinder solving any problems. You hopefully will get a DAE error then instead of clicks and pops... then solve for thats DAE error.

It's a fresh pro tools install? What does that mean?

Were there any past Pro Tools installs? Or any third party plugins you have installed for for other DAWs? They will often install .aaxplugin files which any new Pro Tools install will just load. If there is any possibility of this you should do the test or moving all .aaxplugin files out of the plugin folder and let Pro Tools put back the default plugins.

Pay attention to all the usual Windows optimization things, double check you have done all of them, including all the BIOS settings, cstate etc., then especially do the CPU priority and affinity tweeks which are not usually on the Avid optimization lists but are well discussed on DUC recently.

You are not trying to run at a very high sample rate are you?
Hi Darryl,

I'm running 48khz, 24 bits sessions.

By fresh install of Pro Tools I meant there never was any Pro Tools on this machine and I didn't add any plugins. I was just starting messing with the I/O settings in order to get use to my new Presonus Studiolive 24r.

I have Presonus Studio One installed though...I'll try to see if this could be a problem as they may share some plugins even if I didn't use Studio One until now.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Envoyé de mon SM-G973F en utilisant Tapatalk
Nvidia GTX 1080
Windows 10
Presonus Studiolive 24R