View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion pack/Firmware upgrade experience - Removing IE11 and update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Can you please describe the issues here.

I am assuming you are having issues because of the IE9+ problem.

AFAIK this was never fixed and the procedure outlined by Avid is to use an old computer with Windows XP or Windows 7 (sans ie9) and complete the update that way. Or you could use a Mac to get the update done.

I'll kick this up the chain. 👍
Thanks! Machine is Win 10 64 Bit. Eleven rack is at Firmware 1.0.2

I have the drivers, and the Eleven rack is recognized.

I am running the firmware installer as an admin. First time it requested my S/n and ID , which it took. The process went as far as the Windows message asking if I wanted to allow the updater to make changes . I hit yes and the updater terminated about a second later without updating the firmware.

I read the sticky on the IE problem suggesting de-installing IE and all updates to it. Unfortunately it appears that a user cannot "de-install" IE on a win 10 machine ( it may be "disabled" but not de-installed)

I tried disabling IE, and setting the default browser to Firefox so it wouldn't try and use Edge. No joy, same result

I have an old Win 7 machine in the closet I could use, but apparently my
"one seat installation" has already been used on the other machine, so the installer won't run. That's where I am now.

Any suggestions appreciated.

MH