View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Can\'t Hear Anything

You have quite a situation on your hands.

Whenever I install something new in OS9 I always label my current extensions, control panels, and preferences so I can be sure what was installed. I also keep a backup copy of my system so if things get FUBAR I can just return to square 1.

Unfortunately that doesn't do you any good at this point. Since I don't do the MIDI thing I don't know how much help I can be either.

Did you make a lean extension set for PTF?

If you remember exactly when you did what you can use Sherlock to find the files that were created/modified at that time. Try to find everything related to PTF/DAE/OMS, trash it all, and restart. I know from being on this board that OMS can cause problems (seen many threads with that in the title). Maybe some searching in the DUC will turn up some answers?

Sorry I can't help you out more, but I just do audio. I also have 2 sets of analog ins/outs on my 8600 so I don't do the USB thing either. I tried a Edirol UA-3 once, but it had issues with random bursts of 0dbfs white noise. Probably an incompatability with my USB PCI card.