View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 s/pdif input not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneB View Post
I've recently up graded from PT 9 to PT 10/11. I'm still debugging the transition. Since I installed the new 003 driver my SPDIF I/O hasn't worked. The I/O Bus matrix window only see 10 Analogue Ins & Outs, no SPDIF patch points …There's a Hardware Settings app called Avid 002 & 003 Family and it is in conflict with the Audio MIDI Setup window. The clock source selection menu in the Avid002&003 is toggled to a different setting in the AudioMIDI settings page.
I have no answers, just problems...
Best… ®
P.S. I'm working with PT10.3.8
I found a solution on gearslutz.com. Here it is: "Perhaps the optical format in Pro Tools (ADAT) is switched to spdif. It should be set to ADAT in the hardware set-up. This will switch the spdif back to it's normal rca style connector. In my I/0 set-up spdif is inputs 17 and 18. Hit "Defaults" in the i/o settings inputs dialog after you set up the hardware dialog properly."

When I hit the default button a total of 18 inputs (instead of 10) expanded including #17 & 18 for S/PDIF. I am now getting signal to the selected channel via S/PDIF and it works like it used to. Once you save your session this I/O format should automatically come up in all your sessions. Hope this helps you and anyone else having the same problem.