View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 s/pdif input not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Seaberg View Post
Also, you must switch the 003 to EXTERNAL CLOCK looking at the SPDIF input for it to lock to incoming digital.
Specifically, set the clock source to SPDIF if that is the only connection from the Apogee. When ever you connect 2 devices via digital connection, one unit MUST be the master and the other MUST be the slave. If not, then either you get no audio(your case) or you get clicks and pops from the digital path(most ADAT/lightpipe connections).

Keep this in mind if you are new to digital connections and clocking; in this case, the Apogee would be the master so the sample rate is controlled by the Apogee. So MAKE SURE the session is set to the same sample rate. Why? Because its easily possible to create a session at, say 48K, but have the apogee set to 44.1K and you do your recording. Later on, you do a bounce, or you take the session somewhere else and all of a sudden it all plays back at the incorrect speed and pitch. Trust me....you don't want that to happen!(its a lesson most of us learn the hard way).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave