View Single Post
Old 09-02-2017, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Record 16 inputs with C24 and Avid 16x16 Digital i/o.

Hi,
I've worked out the HD Digital IO ISN'T what I need. Which is good news - as I may have bought one. I ideally do want to get a couple of really good preamps for vocals etc - so with this I'd bypass the C24 preamps (once I work out how) but use the rest for all other bits I'm recording, as they'll be good enough really for what I need.

Where can you buy an analog 16x16 HD IO from for that cheap? If you could link me to anything it'd be absolutely perfect. Ideally I want 16inputs not 8 too.

I'll be getting the ProTools HD software and all licenses/iLoks etc anyway, so thats okay. What card would I need for the Mac cheesegrater? ahaa.

Whats the option with 192 you mentioned but didn't get too far into?

The issue is, I've been using the software and I know my head around the editing on the software, and the C24 well, its just I've never been a studio engineer, so now with all my own gear, I don't know the best (and cheapest) way to get a good sound from my mics to my software and back out again. Haha

ANY help is really helpful, and if you can link me to anything too, atleast I'll be finding the right things, and not accidently buying something stupid and useless - haha.

Cheers again!