View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Record 16 inputs with C24 and Avid 16x16 Digital i/o.

Aye, that's why I bought it.

I'd get the standard PT if I could mix 5.1, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

I know my machine won't allow thunderbolt, but I can't afford to buy anything fresh. A few friends have made a 'hackentosh' so has thunderbolt etc, but I can't afford that at the moment. I have a MacBook Pro 2015, 2.2GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB memory. However my issue with using this MacBook is that I ideally want to use it on the move, and I'll need 4 display outs (video out, two working monitors and one for the SlateRaven edit console/screen).

HD Native card and 192 io seems to be the cheapest option (if I buy 2nd hand from ebay), however will this give me a good enough sound quality or will it be noticeably lower than other? As there is a 'package' on ebay selling now for 700. (Link at the end if you can check it out). I am looking at buying a separate preamp for vocals and one for drums (eventually) to get a sweeter sound, as most of the stuff will be solo instruments (violins, vocals etc).

I think in roughly a year or two I'll look into getting better equipment, its just to kickstart the business really.

Thanks again for all this help, its really helping me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digidesign...gAAOSwT-FZDFrf

Alex