View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Default Re: I would like to commend Avid for 10.2 documentation…

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidJC View Post
You're welcome, glad it helped.

We have also posted the "What's New" info (and linked to it on the 10.2 Update page).

What's New in Pro Tools 10.2

Pro Tools 10.2 Update
Thank you for posting this. Can you clarify what these mean?
  • Export as Text improvements
  • Additional bug fixes and enhancements include the following areas: Automation Editing

Has the bug been fixed where you lose all automation when you drag/drop a multi-channel clip to automated but inactive mono tracks with the same plug-ins?

Details about what bugs specifically were fixed would be highly appreciated. These kind of bugs highly influence workflow because they can mean lost automation without noticing it. Would help to know about fixes in detail not just a general "additional bug fixes" note.

Listing fixes and improvements in detail was a good habit and tradition. Why disguise the fixes while listing the known issues in detail? The listed issues are a nice change of politics but it would be sad to move the fixes and news to a very hard to find and brief web-page at the same time.

For me the bugs fixed section used to be the first thing I read before updating. Now there's just a "additional bug were fixed" note. Makes it difficult to decide which update to install and which one to skip.

Thanks!

Frank.