View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
...Have you tried reason 10/11 at all? Apparently vst plugin performance is not great, and they have had a legion of incompatibility issues with various VST...

I was actually a beta tester for 10. I have 9.5.x. I've not really had any major issue with VST hosting, but, yes, there have been a couple of weird things. One in particular is completely baffling to me. With Dune 3, if I put it in the rack as a standalone VI, for some reason, when I call up the MIDI controller to play it, the number of active voices changes to 6. I had a patch using only 2 of the 8 voices, and as soon as I went to the MIDI channel with Dune, it jumped from 2 to 6. However...and this is where it gets really odd...if I first put Dune 3 in a Combinator...no issues. No idea.

There were a few other oddities with a few of the AIR expansion pack VI's too. But I think AIR ironed those out with Reason. Otherwise, I haven't noticed too many issues with that.

I use Reason 9.6 with different VST's on my laptop when I play in the worship team at my church. I create all my voices, and set up the various VIs in the Rack and then use the Church's Yamaha MOXF to control everything. What's nice is the Motif has a separate gain fader for the audio coming via the USB connection from Reason on my laptop, so I can blend in some Reason sounds with Motif sounds if I want that way. Also, in the Motif's Master Mode, I can set up up to 4 keyboard zones, each with its own MIDI out channel. Makes things real easy on Sunday morning. I just push 1 button to go from one song's set up to the next because its all pre-done!