View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I'm with Jack on this one, I'll believe it when I see it! At this point, I'm not sure that AAX version alone will make me jump. What I want, and what I know MANY have wanted ever since Reason 9.5 came out with VST hosting, is for VST hosting to available within PT with Reason in slave mode (Now as a plugin). The reason is simple: Reason offers a unique and simple way to combine multiple VI's and plugins in one rack that offers rich sound design possibilities. As I've said many times, once Reason allowed VST hosting, it became the most powerful VI out there, because it is, in effect every VI combined however you wish.

So, will I jump at JUST aax? I doubt it. AAX and VST hosting - that's a no brainer!

That will never happen. Use patchwork and be happy with reason's devices.

If reason comes out as an aax, I would put anyone not buying at least the intro version as really missing out and self masochistic. Seriously.
The stuff you get for $99 ($49 on sale).. It's worth it just for Dr Octorex and Thor's tasty formant filter as well as Europa! All included in intro!
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/comparison

Upgrade when you feel like it to get all the other goodies. I wouldn't mind the expanded step sequencers in Reason.

Why do we need them to control battery (for example)? we can load ANY one shot sample we want into reason's excellent drummers.. that's good enough for me!

I personally don't get the vst sub hosting desire.. reason is not great with VSTs as it is, and props are not going to release something that could bring your entire DAW down.. they will only release it as 100% rock solid, which means RE's and their own gear.

You can use any RE in plugin mode.. there are hundreds of them.. some really great unique stuff.. Just be happy and enjoy :)

Peace.