View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 AM

Default Re: MBox 2 mini/pro tools 8 LE install error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menulo View Post
i hardly think my speccs are the problem, since i cant pass the install do to an error.
Yes... but... the specs are what could be causing your error. Understand?

Quote:
Chipset
Model : ASUS P35/G33/G31 Processor to I/O Controller
The G33 and G31 are known to be problematic with Pro Tools. According to the information I found, the P5KPL-CM actually uses the G31, so that would definitely be a problem.

Also, the motherboard you are using has built in Graphics, though it appears you aren't using them. Built in graphics are always a problem for Pro Tools, and are not supported. Make sure you have them disabled in the BIOS (which it looks like you do). Sometimes the built in graphics can be a problem even if you have them disabled.

Quote:
Storage Devices
MAXTOR STM3250310AS 250GB (SATA150, NCQ, 8MB Cache) : 233GB (C:) (D:) (E:)
ATAPI DVD A DH20A3P (ATA66, DVD+-RW, CD-RW, 2MB Cache) : 8GB (F:)
Yeah, you might definitely want to check your DVD drive for a firmware update. There's one available on the Lite-On site.

I also see that you have your system disk partitioned, but you have no other hard drives present. Be aware that while that is not causing your current problem, Pro Tools requires a separate physical drive for audio sessions. Running from a partition on the system drive does not qualify.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12