View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools First Crashes at the time of opening in Windows 10

@64GTOBOY Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I had created an iLok account and only then did the Pro Tools First installation.
I went on to uninstall all Avid Programs and then did a reinstall. It installed the following Programs again:

1) Avid Pro Tools First (12.8.2.105)
2) Avid Effects (12.8.2.105)
3) Avid Cloud Client Services (2.4.0.15)
4) Avid Application Manager (17.12.0.17850)
5) AIR Xpand!2 (12.0.0.615)

@Southsidemusic Thanks for the suggestion about installing the virtual driver from asioforall.com. I bought an Audio Interface (Behringer UMC204HD 2x4 USB Audio/MIDI). So, should I now be worried about downloading and installing the asioforall virtual driver?

This is what I did after re-installing PTF.
1) Connected a Rode NT1A condenser microphone (XLR) to the interface's Input #1 (and switched on phantom power +48V),
2) Plugged the interface into my computer's USB.
3) And, plugged a headphone into the interface's headphone jack.
4) Then I used the Volume Icon on the Windows10 Taskbar to change the Playback Device to "Speakers 2 -UMC204HD 192k)"

What still happens is the same crash. The splash screen comes up displaying info about drivers loading, etc. and then comes the popup that says:
"Welcome to Pro Tools First. Before you get started you will be directed to the Playback Engine. Please be sure that the proper audio playback service is selected." Then, when I click OK, the program crashes and another popup shows:

"Pro Tools First Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I click OK, the program closes entirely and no solution comes.

5) I also tried launching PTF after making the playback device as "Speakers / Headphones(Realtek Audio)" just to see. But, the Program still crashes on boot.