View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Help! D-Command not recognized

Chris, thanks again for your suggestions. I will try running the utility tests tonight, except for the external ones--I will look in the dreaded miscellaneous cable box to see if somehow I have that loop cable but I have no recollection of it being in the box when I first unpacked years ago. What does it look like?

I have not tried deleted all software related preferences--I've never done that, in fact, as I've been lucky and my system has never given me any trouble since I bought it (until now). I will do a search on the quickest way to do that deletion--I seem to remember there being a little freeware application that helped.

I assume that the things you've listed should be tried in the order you listed them, with the firmware reset last?

Thanks again, and I will let you know what happens. My instinct tells me this is some sort of software glitch--the hardware certainly appears to be otherwise acting normally (meters, monitoring, etc. work, faders go up and down when power comes on, etc.).