View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 AM

Default Re: problem installing digidesign audio drivers (beta) for windows 7 64-bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
did you uninstall the 8.0.3 drivers first from PROGRAMS and FEATURES located in the control panel.

Then RIGHT CLICK the Driver installer, choose Run As Admin. Let it load. You can leave the 003R off, it doesn't matter.

Then restart. Turn your 003R ON before the PC boots.

When it boots. Go to Devices and Printers in your Start menu. You will see the 003 Rack. Right click it. Properties >Hardware tab> Properties. Click the Driver tab. it will PROBABLY say Driver version 8.0.3.xxx, this is the wrong driver.

Click UPDATE DRIVER. Browse My Computer. Let me pick.

Now depending on if you have another interface like the 11R installed, it probably wont show the version of the driver in the Compatible Drivers area, BUT if the 003R is your only interface you should see 2 drivers. 8.0.3 and 8.0.4. If you dont see them, UNCHECK the "Compatible Only" box. Choose the 8.0.4.223 driver dated 12/16/2009. Click next. Let it load. Then the HOST light will probably start to blink on your 003R. Then you are good to go. Restart, and launch Pro Tools. Remember to have User Account Controls OFF. And always launch PT with Run As Admin.
Hey mate, I have been having errors with my 003 and Pro Tools for ages. Every time i have tried to lauch Pro tools for a year it has crashed and given a windows blue screen error with "bad host 0x0000019"

I have just started to try again to get it running with even cubase but no success.

My specs are as follows:

System Components:
CPU: [Intel] quad core extreme 2.8GHz
RAM: 8gig DDR2
GPU: [NVIDIA] 9800GTX x2 SLI
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-FI Titanium, 003 Rack
Monitor: 23' [LCD]
Motherboard: Nvidia N-Force 680i SLI
Power Supply: 750 watt thermal take
Case: Thermaltake
Hard Disk Drive(s): x4 1TB WD Cavier Green, 1 64 gig SSD
Speakers: ESI nEar08 desktop studio monitors

Running windows 7 64 bit, using all of the 64 bit drivers and 8.0.3 PT LE

I have tried wiping my computer, formatting everything, reinstalling everything etc. I was just following the thread here and i found out about the driver update thing mentioned in the post. I find my 003 rack in devices and printers, go to the driver tab and it has the 8.0.3 driver, but IT DOESN'T LET ME UPDATE THE DRIVER!!!

The button to press is whited out, so i can't do a thing. I have tried running cubase, which at least loads with out blue screening, but when i get to adding the 003 asio driver it doesn't allow me, giving the following error:

Audio Engine Error: Could not activate ASIO Driver ASIO Digidesign Driver FW003

Please help, else i would have spent all this money on the Hardware etc for nothing