View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:53 AM

Default Control room vs. mixing/mastering room

I know this REALLY isn't the forum for this topic so if no one answers I understand. I DO however, use PT 12.8.3.
SO....If I have a 2014 MacBook Pro with a Thunderbolt dock AND I have many drives plugged into the dock via USB/Thunderbolt/Firewire AND I have an Ethernet port in my dock (All in control room, separate from live room) AND I had a second machine that runs Pro tools, can I .......connect the dock to a Ethernet hub, connect the second machine (In the more tuned sound room) to the Ethernet hub and access all my drives.
Basically I want a network. I do this for a living in the PC world but we use ALL PC's and Ethernet and switches and DHCP servers and main file servers. My brain has a tough time translating all of this to Thunderbolt, docks, Apple, Ethernet, etc.
I SWEAR I'm good at this in PC land. I manage over 780,000 sq. ft. using over 20 24 port switches, over 100 PC's/laptops, over 300 RF devices, 100 access points, VOIP, and on and on. So if I am overthinking this, let me know.

Thanks!