View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Default Re: The I/O Layout of the Audio hardware has been...HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermonmusic View Post
Why I'm getting this almost every time I lunch Pro Tools 11?

"The I/O Layout of the Audio Hardware has been changed by another application. Pro Tools will now close and reopen the session in order to update to the new settings. Do you want to save the session before closing?"

I'm using a Scarlett 18i20 and what I do after closing the session, I turn off the Scarlett and Close Pro Tools 11 then turn the Scarlett on again, and then open Pro Tools 11. Pro Tools opens fine, but when I choose a session the message above appears and to be honest, I don't know what the problem is because sometimes i can open the very same session with no problems. So, I need your help. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for all your help.
I'm using a Scarlett 18i20 and what I do after closing the session, I turn off the Scarlett and Close Pro Tools 11 then turn the Scarlett on again, and then open Pro Tools 11.

That could be the source of some of your problems...

Here is the proper order of events:
  1. Turn on interface
  2. Turn on computer
  3. Do stuff
  4. Turn off computer
  5. Turn off interface
While USB is theoretically plug 'n play, in reality, audio interfaces aren't quite as forgiving as a camera or a flash drive.

By turning on the interface first, you are allowing the computer to completely examine the device, load the proper driver, etc.

If the computer is running and you turn off (or unplug) a USB audio interface, then turn the USB audio interface back on, things sometimes don't get "c'nected back" right.

Good luck...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh