Thread: Why PT?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Why PT?

Gillis, thanks for your reply.

I've been testing out the PT Demo that came with the M-Audio MobilePre and I'm very impressed. The workflow was just about instantly intuitive and I love how easy it is to do audio edits. I was just doing this with a raw wave form that I recorded back in June of a private recital, and doing the edits on my older PB G4 1GHz. Now admittedly I am not pushing the system very hard but everything was running off of the internal boot drive and on only 512 MB RAM and it ran very smooth. (My new computer is an SR MBP 2.4GHz 2GB RAM, but it is in the process of being replaced by Apple due to having had 3 logic board replacements in less than a month)

The Audio Engine in PT also produces a different sound than what my usual DAW produces. I did a blind test with two friends on this and both of them indicated that they could detect a significant difference in the 'clarity' of the PT sound over the other DAW. They both liked the PT sound over the other sound output.

I'm very seriously considering a move over to PT, I'll still have the other DAW available just in case things don't work out so I don't see much risk (financially) to doing this.

Thanks again

Ninia