View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Will there be an Avid S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_User. View Post
The thought of:
  • Purchasing 2 overpriced iPads - can't we just have built in screens?
  • Apple and Avid integration

Why iPads
Using two iPads just seems like overkill for me when I will only be using them with these devices so why not just have built in screens.
What happens when apple decided they want to change the connection port?
A whole product line is dead.
Sure you can have two displays integrated for +$1k each and watch them fall behind tech in a year. That seems smart /s
The "connection port" is a charging USB. That's it. It's for power. You don't seem to have researched these products. The connection is by ethernet/wifi. Not something to go away anytime soon. And going back to replaceable tablets, you can always keep marching forward with what is new verses being stuck with an in built display.

Not to mention, Android is supported in the coming version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_User. View Post
The Future?
I would hate to see someone else step into the market and take the functionality of some of the lesser brands and repackage them with the sleek stylish elegance or Avid and Apple product for a fraction of the price.
We have already seen what companies like Huawei are doing in the tech industry. Margins are being exposed as the declining cost of production is not being passed on to us customers.
Well, that is just a random rant. Eucon is wholly owned by Avid. No one else can develop hardware for Eucon and no one else can put hooks in Pro Tools to integrate hardware controllers. So this is baseless ranting.