View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Forcing the cursor to start at the beginning of the song during playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Drop markers and learn about the quick locate function. For me, I drop markers at the following locations for 99% of music recordings:
1-count-in
2-Song start
3-V1(verse 1)
4-Pre1(pre-chorus)
5-C1(first chorus
6-TA(turn around or tag)
etc, etc. If you're not using markers....
Then there's "Insertion follows Playback"(with keyboard focus enabled), the N key toggles this function. 1 way, playback starts from where you last stopped. The other way, playback starts from the previous start time. So, if you started at the song start, as long as you don't click in the timeline, which moves the cursor, playback will keep starting at the song start.
Thanks for your response. This sounds like another thing I'd have to watch a video on and. take notes and try to memorize the multiple steps. (Which seems like what the vast majority of what working with this program is about.) It's great advice, but I was hoping that was at least his one, simple thing that was quick and simple without a long list of steps to follow. Nevertheless, I do appreciate your response and will consider all this for the future as I get better at this.

_Eden