View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Questions about how to match multitrack audio with edited video

This would be standard conforming. Here is a “trick”.
Export a stereo mix from pro tools of the original edit.
Import the stereo mix into Final Cut Pro x.
Make your “Video edits”.
Export a new QuickTime as well as a new AAF/OMF (with endless handles if possible).
Import the new AAF/OMF into pro tools along with the new QuickTime and place the two new items as your top two tracks for easy reference.
In the clip view, show original timecode.

What this will set you up for is easily showing you where every cut is, and where in the timeline you need to go to from your full edit/mix to easily conform in shuffle mode.

When all else fails, compare stereo mixes and conform by waveform and/or alternate which QuickTime track is online and verify that they’re showing identical frames.

I’m not good at explaining it in English but it’s not as hard as I made it sound.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system