View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Stand alone editor? What.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by microstudio View Post
The only reason I bring up Reason is because it has Line6 built into it and you can edit it easily, you can have Pod Farm open and make a tone you like save it as a preset into Reason. It's all about making things easy and efficient also there is the Line6 Shortboard controllers that are awesome when hooked up to Reason.

I love the 11R but I am very limited when it comes to editing, sure you can edit on the rack but it is not easy and we non PT users should have the same editing ability...it's just wrong that we don't.

I say the "Giant will fall" as it's a hope of mine because AVID puts us the customer second over and over again. Too much music was made long before PT and there are tons of DAW's. All I want from them is a standalone editor for my 11R.
Like I said, I'm not a fan of Avid and yes I totally agree with your sentiments. I would love to see a DAW that would come along and give Avid a good kick up the you know where, so that Avid would see the light and start valuing their large base of customers - who don't work at Skywalker Ranch. It won't happen but wouldn't it be nice .

After all, that's what they said when they released ProTools 9!

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP