View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Input from touchscreen? Not possible?

I guess 3 weeks’ delay after 6 years+ waiting for this to be written in ain’t much.

I guess I’m just bitter because my Command 8 did it via MIDI, which was cutting edge in the 80’s. I mean, I remember ROM cartridges for Yamaha Electone organs. Stuff worked, then the product line evolved, and you liked it more.

The Euphonix line has come a long way, and as I understand it Eddie was in at the beginning of the Artist series there (correct me if I’m wrong). But to have such an important feature missing, something absolutely essential for A/Bing revisions, something that was there on my Command 8, something I can’t even do via a custom-mapped softkey... I just don’t understand why it wasn’t there from the beginning and hasn’t been implemented since. Now with the product EOL’d, with limited resources, why would they bother catching up now, even if Avid IS in agreement that this should be available as a command.

Come on, just throw it in the code. It was (is?) available via the MIDI protocol of the Command 8. Why can’t it be done via Eucon?