View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:30 PM

Default Re: 48 Processors!!!! In PT10HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onswoll View Post
Hey Darryl,

I finally get what you mean.

But i should be able to use most of the 32GB of ram with disk caching at least in PT10HD.
Very large timeline cache sizes only helps you if your sessions are big enough to use that much cache memory.

You seem to have lots of objections, but you still don't seem to have a good view of the details involved. Yes moving to Pro Tools 11 is a big step, and you need to do your homework and test thigns out, but you get a Pro Tools HD 10/11 bundled license so you do that testing in parallel with your production work.

Quote:
And your right about PT11, I see the potential 11 has to offer.
But it has its drawbacks.
I wont be able to open or import any session data from previous versions, since none of the RTAS plugins will open in PT11.
The plugins will work if you have the corresponding AAX-64 plugins installed in Pro Tools 11. So as I asked before have you actually investigated exactly what plugins upgrades are needed? What if any cost is involved? And again you seem to be avoiding just saying what plugins you are using.

Quote:
I have so many plug-in "presets" unsaved.
Well get yourself organized, current session settings, automation and presets should work across RTAS (and AAX-32) plugins to AAX-64 plugins, with maybe a few hiccups that have been noted on DUC.

Quote:
The only way to access those settings is by opening up old session files (songs).
So? Do that.

----

So on one hand if it ain't broke don't fix it. But if you are trying to push RTAS processing to such a huge extreme then again I'd be probalby trying to move to Pro Tools 11 to do more of that experimenting. And I'd be cautious about checking along the way how things are scaling with either Pro Tools 10 or 11.

Darryl