Thread: Missing Files
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Missing Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keniko View Post
OK. I have my files back in each session. The session loads and the missing files window pops up and there's no audio files shown in the regions bin. All the tracks are showing in the edit window. When I hit Skip all, the files load in the regions bin. So, the session tracks are shown in the edit window, the regions bin is empty until I hit skip and the files load in the regions bin. What's up with that? How do I fix this? BTW, These 3 sessions are in one Folder. They share one audio files folder. Is this reason for missing files in my first post? Should each session have it's own audio files folder?
Ideally, each session would be its own folder(each with its own Audio Files folder) and all could live inside a master folder for the artist/project. I have often had files I import NOT get saved in the proper folder, even though I have preferences set to "Automatically Copy on Import", so now I actually drag or copy audio files INTO the session folder, or actually drop them into the Audio Files folder and import from there. I suspect its a small bug that doesn't hit enough people to get attention(and a fix)

Ultimately, you can go to File>Save Session Copy, check the box to include audio files and save this copy session to any drive. Doing this will insure that all the audio related to that session WILL be copied to this new copy, regardless of where the audio was sourced from.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave