View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 06:33 AM

Default Re: 2020 Better CPU Handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Mine seems worse, although I haven't opened an older session yet. I'm getting heavy loading on core 4 of 8, sometimes but not always. Maybe for 10 minutes it'll be fine and then I'll press play again, and core 4 is loaded, CPU at 100% and won't play at all. This was only a small session with around 10 tracks. Buffer setting made no difference, and my export speed was 0.8x ... I exported it again when the core wasn't loaded (not sure why, nothing had changed apart from me sitting there and watching the core) and the export speed was 2x .

Will see how it treats me over the next few weeks
10 tracks? That doesn't sound good at all. Have you tried loading the same session in 2019? That would help you know if the problem is from 2020. As much as I like PT, we all know it's stability is way too vulnerable to all sorts of little things that just bounce off the thick skin of other DAWs.

I don't know Macs well, but are you covered as far as OS compatibility etc? Plugin compatibility? When I first installed 2020 I had issues with strange auto-restarts, and sessions would either take too long to quit or just hang indefinitely. I had to manually remove all remnants of 2019 and do an ultra-clean install of 2020. Now it's 'all' good. There are a few strange annoying minor bugs that I've noticed, but PT seems to work well for now. Time will tell, because I haven't yet stretched it far enough.