View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation not working

Hi All, I am new to the forum but been using Pro Tools a few years. I came across a possible bug in Pro Tools 12.8 I have been able to reproduce the error on a different system and a different project. As it relates to this topic (I can't start a new thread) I will post it here.
The root of the issue: A virtual instrument, let's say drums, is receiving notes from a midi track. quantized.
On another track a plug-in is inserted , a plug in that causes Delay Compensation to kick in.
Everything is a ok during playback.
However: when I freeze or commit the virtual instrument, the timing is completely off.
I tried realtime bouncing but no luck. The only workaround is to make all plugins that have ADC inactive (so there is no actual ADC) then a commit is working properly.
I have reproduced this on 2 different new installed Mac systems with different sound devices and with a pro tools 12.7 project (that didn't have the problem).
I even created a new project in 12.8 with a:
- miditrack containing a few notes routed to
- A virtual instrument track , let's say the piano
- a third audio track , no audio, just insert a plugin that causes the ADC to work

then freeze or bounce: you will immediately notice/see the delay between the midi notes and the wav files from the frozen track.

Any help on this matter ? I am happy to provide the test-project.

BTW this is just protools 12.8 on a Mac not the HD version

Last edited by henkschenkworst; 08-04-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: addition & correction