Thread: pt5&amiii
View Single Post
Old 10-21-1999, 10:04 PM

Default Re: pt5&amiii

Targon-

No need to bail.

This is what the forum is all about. Go ahead and "rock the boat". I don't expect everyone to have the same needs or opinions as I do.

"This is a tuff issue however.I considered this version to be aimed at low end studio/bedroom studio guy's of whom only want to make tunes and edit/mix and burn them to CD in a hassle free software environment."

I can't dispute that with you.But why on earth would Digi take features away from a product?
To get people to move up to a TDM system? Looks like thats the reason, but it ain't gonna work. Even if they had the money to spend, a lot of people just don't want all the outboard gear, or simply don't have enough PCI slots in the computer.Digi is trying to force people to buy hardware, when the reason people use PT to begin with is because they love the software. I just don't get it.Most companies try to put all the features they can into a product.Why does Digi want to take features away from an existing product ?

I think the main point,that you seem to be starting to see, is that there are a lot of professional engineers that use the AMIII card. I for one do, and I would gladly send Digi some more money for the 001 if it would run ProTools. As it sits, no dice. And no upgrade of my TDM system.

For all the "bedroom" composers and engineers, if you don't use Time Code now, it won't be long before you do. For every "bedroom" composer there is a "bedroom" film maker (no pun intended) who is going to want music for his/her movie, and without Time Code it will just stay in the "bedroom".

kasper