View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:58 PM

Default Re: 2018.3 Running Very Well Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xylie6 View Post
Disconnecting and disabling WIFI are part of the recommended setup. I can tell you that WIFI in particular will slow down your computer for sure.

With all the spyware/malware and whatever else programmers do for the money, your computer is constantly reporting to someone what you do.

I like the idea of having a Pro Tools drive that does nothing else at all. No internet, no other programs, nothing. Anyway, that's what it is.
I never run Wifi always Ethernet connection to may control room studio. I have to have that with all the work going out the door, however never a problem with slowing here and have had not issues for years. Always a good idea to make sure that you don't have any spyware or crap in some prefs folder. I found some stuff that was giving me problems on one of my laptops on my mac. I was not really installed, but with some IT work got ride of anything using the System Profileer extensions and found some thing there were not from an identified developer and looked up what it was. Just some junk that somehow got on there. Fixed my problems and never came up a gain. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS